For Employers

We encourage companies to consider international candidates and enrich your workforce by adding diverse talents. You take advantage of the unique skills and experiences of international students and young leaders who are very energetic, highly qualified professionals. We handle all the work required from beginning to end. Many fortune 500 companies already participate in this program and experience the range of benefits the programs provide including:

→ Our candidates are native speakers of markets you may be considering. They have knowledge of the markets, an understanding of the culture and business practices of different countries.

→ Our candidates are very ambitious and highly qualified professionals or recently graduated students

→ Our candidates have been pre-selected from thousands or highly qualified individuals. So you can rest assured you will obtain the most qualified professionals

We Provide Solutions for Your Business

Qualified and Professional Interns/Trainees

→ Our talent pool is equipped with strong skill-sets, proven leadership ability, and a global outlook.

→ They are fluent in English and other languages including German, Spanish, French, Korean, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, and Japanese

→ They are committed to interning full time up to 18 months

→ Our talent sourcing process is based on your defined multi-step selection criteria. We provide your company with a shortlist of the top four to six candidates.

Flexible Timeline

Internships can start at any point during the year for a duration of three to 18 months. 

Customer-Centric Approach

→ We design each internship individually based on the needs of your business and our interns

→  We provide excellent Customer Service and support - our professional team is available for you 24/7


We work with accredited J-1 sponsors through the U.S. Department of State. We provide all documentation and processing for the visa while covering health insurance for all interns.

Cost-Effective Talent Solution

→ Minimal Paperwork is required of Employers - we will prepare the necessary documents for you
→ NO Sponsorship is required from employers for J1 visa
→ Our Service is FREE for Employers

Talent Acquisition Process


→ Establish a Training Plan for Interns

→ Develop a profile for the desired type of intern

Exchange Contact

→ Specific requirements are outlined between Pro-Internships and your organization

Talent Sourcing

→ Candidates apply for the available internships at your organization through our online platform

→ Pro-Internships creates a shortlist of top qualified candidates

Intern selection

→ As the Host organization you interview the candidates and notify Pro-Internships which candidate(s) you wish to select

Visa Processing

→ We complete all necessary documentation for visa processing and J-1 visa sponsorship with our partner, the Designated Sponsor Organization

→ Your intern gets visa in their US Embassy

Intern Arrival

→ Interns receive initial orientation upon arrival


We offer placements for international interns and trainees in a variety of fields, including:

  • Accounting
  • Advertising
  • Arts & Culture (Internship Program Only)
  • Architecture
  • Business Management
  • Engineering
  • Finance
  • Hospitality & Tourism
  • Hotel Management
  • Information Technology
  • Law & Public Administration
  • Marketing
  • Media & Communications
  • Sales
  • And More

Our services do not end at this point.You can always contact our office in Miami with any questions or concerns.

Ready to Start?


Got A Question? 

Q1. Isn’t it illegal to hire international students because they do not have a green card?

No. Federal regulations permit the employment of international students on F-1 and J-1 visas within certain limits. These visas allow students to work in jobs related to their major fields of study. F-1 students can work on “practical training.” J-1 students may work on “academic training.”

Q2. Is there a cost for employers?

No. The only cost to the employer hiring international students is the time and effort to interview and select the best candidate for the job. The international student office handles the paperwork involved in securing the work authorization for F-1 and J-1 students. In fact, a company may save money by hiring international student because the majority of them are exempt from Social Security (FICA) and Medicare tax requirements.

Q3. How long can a participant work for?

F-1 students are eligible for curricular practical training (up to 12 months - such as co-op or internship) before completing their studies, as well as an additional 12 months of optional practical training, either before or following graduation, or a combination of the two. However, if they work full-time for one year or more during curricular practical training, they are not eligible for optional practical training. Students with a J-1 visa are usually eligible to work up to 18 months following graduation, or 36 months for postdoctoral fellows. They may also be eligible to work part-time during their program of study.

Q4. Don’t international students need work authorization before I can hire them?

No. International students must have the work authorization before they begin actual employment, but not before they are offered employment. In fact, many J-1 students must have a written job offer in order to apply for work authorization. Many F-1 students will be in the process of obtaining work authorization while they are interviewing for employment. Students can give employers a reasonable estimate of when they expect to receive work authorization.

Q5. What does the work authorization look like?

For optional practical training, F-1 students receive from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), a small photo identity card that indicates dates for which they are permitted to work. For curricular practical training, F-1 students receive authorization from school (NOT from USCIS) on the student’s Form I-20. J-1 students receive work authorization in the form of a letter issued by their institutions.

Q6. What if I want to continue to employ international students after their work authorization expires?

With a bit of planning ahead, an employer can hire international students to continue to work for them in the H-1B visa category for a total of six years (authorization is granted in two three-year periods). The H-1B is a temporary working visa for workers in a “specialty occupation.” The application procedure to the USCIS is straightforward. The job must meet two basic requirements: 1.The salary must meet the prevailing wage as defined by the Department of Labor, and 2.A bachelor’s degree or higher is a minimum normal requirement for the position.

Q7. How long does the hiring process take?

Participants begin applying for programs 6-9 months in advance as they go through a vigorous screening process to ensure you get the most qualified Participants. We strongly encourage Employers submit their application 6-7 months in advance.

Q8. What does the process entail?

Upon deciding on which applicant you wish to hire, you will be asked to write an internship/training plan. The participant will need this letter to submit alongside other visa documents for approval. An embassy representative in the respective country of the participant may call to verify all information provided by the company.

Q9. Can I interview your candidates prior to acceptance?

We arrange phone or Skype interviews with participants when needed, or we can have Pro-Internships staff interview on your behalf.

Q10. Will participants have a social security card?

All Internship/Training program Participants MUST obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) in order to work legally in the United States. Students may apply for a Social Security card at the Social Security office nearest to their place of employment, upon arrival in the United States. They will receive a receipt showing they have applied for a Social Security card, allowing them to work legally in the U.S. until their card arrives. The card should arrive within 3-6 weeks. Volunteer Program Participants will not have a SSN.

Q11. Do Internship/Training Program Participants pay taxes?

Yes, J-1 Internship/Training Program participants pay all relevant federal, state and local taxes. J-1 Internship/Training Program participants are “EXEMPT” from Social Security (FICA), Medicare and Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Q12. Is it guaranteed that participants will get their visa?

No, we do not have the ability to grant visas, but we try to work closely with embassies in the countries from which we are recruiting to establish good relations. We watch visa denial rates in our countries very closely and report visa denials to our host companies as quickly as possible. We adjust our recruitment each year according to the visa success rate around the world.

Q13. What can I expect by hiring international students?

International students and young professionals will bring diversity and cultural exchange to your organization. They are highly qualified, hard working, dedicated and committed to their employment with you.

Q14. Can Pro-Internships find a trainee/intern for my organization in the U.S.?

We have been very successful in providing host companies with top international participants. Please contact us directly about our individually tailored placement service.